Supportive methodologies to the Cities2030 Living lab innovation facilitators
PROBLEM: The cities2030 builds on living lab actions to drive sustainable transformation of the city food region.
BEFORE: Most partners have no experience with living labs and living lab methodologies
AFTER: Cities2030 partners have been guided and trained in living lab activities and brainstorm methods
The cities2030 builds on living lab actions to drive sustainable transformation of the city food region but most partners have no experience with living labs and living lab methodologies. There is a need to guide and train them. Giving Agrotopia’s experience as a living lab, Agrotopia acts as a lighthouse, an example to the partnership on how you can support technological innovations via a living lab methodology.
Training Package for internal use by the Cities2030 partners:
- A needs analysis was performed based on interviews
- Training material: what is a living lab, how to prepare & host a workshop, stakeholder engagement techniques. Live tutoring via videoconference + video content available to the partnership.
- Individual mentoring of facilitators via mails/videomeetings
- Hosting community platform forum discussion on the cities2030 community platform
- Series of workshops/webinars on case study examples: workshops or Live tutoring via videoconference + (video) content available to the partnership.
- Implementation of an Agrotopia living lab innovation action as a showcase
With these training and guidance the Cities2030 partners and in particular the dedicated Innovation Facilitators can adapt and implement the living lab methodologies to their own needs and drive local transformation of the CRFS. Individual support remains available throughout the project.
- 11 living labs participated in the interviews for needs analysis and received 1-2-1 mentoring
- Powerpoint Materials for 3 sessions were developed.
3 webinars were organized:
- 16/09/2022– Session 1 Introduction on how to brainstorm
- 30/09/2022 - Session 2 Brainstorm methods on problem definition and idea generation
- 14/10/2022 – Session 3 Brainstorm methods on idea selection and communication
Live participation was low, 7 participants on average. The sessions were recorded and video material has been made available to the consortium.
A forum to exchange questions and experiences amongst living labs was set up in the community platform on 16/01/2023.
Case study material & workshop to be developed & implemented in 2023.
Capacity building (full text)