Policy Lab: VE-GO-RA
Velika Gorica focus areas
- Short value chains (e.g. school scheme and city market)
- How can the city procurement be a lever for more consumption of local food?
- Connecting food producers by showing them the benefits of collaboration
- Creating a plan for self-sustainability and connecting that plan/strategy of Velika Gorica city with Zagreb county's policies and goals
- Creating momentum with other stakeholders which can produce food by themselves (e.g. kindergartens)
- Fostering new start-ups in the FOOD2030/city region food system framework, e.g. circular economic business models, Smart Food etc.
- Exploring the potential for circular economic business models
P08 VEGO role in Policy Lab
- Identify the current situation with regard to activities and indicators
- Make a proposal for the food management process at the local, regional and national levels.
- Be a contact between local and regional government institutions and the project team
- Identify local key stakeholders from different government sectors
- Facilitate access to information needed for project development
- Create preconditions for further development and increase of efficiency of production systems, short supply chains - distribution chains of food supply and recycling, with cities as carriers of activities